It’s almost time for audio equipment desire time……I mean Christmas. Ahem. If you can’t get anyone to get you a nice piece of new gear for Christmas, do yourself a favor: get a little something for yourself. I scoured the web and found some gear that you might be interested in. I haven’t tried all the stuff myself, but it’s gear that’s either highly rated or a best seller of some sorts. Let’s break it down:
USB audio interfaces
Nothing like Christmas to trade out your audio interface for a brand-spanking new one.
Even Christmas music will sound better through a new pair of reference monitors.
- JBL LSR238P Bi-Amplified Studio Monitors
- Behringer B1031A Truth High-Resolution, Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitor
- Yamaha HS80M (active) Pair 2-Way Active Monitors, 8 Inch Woofer
You’ll also need a nice new microphone to record those Christmas jingles.
- Blue Microphones BlueBird Condenser
- AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Shure KSM32 Embossed Single-Diaphragm Microphone, Champagne
- Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone
- Audio Technica AT4040
On a quiet Christmas night, maybe you don’t want to wake up your neighbors while you’re mixing death metal?
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50s/LE Limited Edition Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones
There’s nothing more frustrating than getting a piece of gear and not knowing how to use it properly. Here are a few suggestions to improve your skills, whether it’s recording, mixing or mastering.
What Audio Equipment is on Your Wish List?
These are just a few options I rounded up. What special piece of gear is on your wish list?
Let me know. Either send me a reply, or leave a comment on the blog.
Image by: Automania