Got some heavy backlash from Monday’s post.
Some people just got REAL annoyed at me pitching my own book during launch week.
And offering it at a discount! The nerve!
Here’s what one email unsubscriber had to say:
Before, those emails used to be about useful and interesting stuff, now, they are only a small text saying “buy my book”. Free stuff (in your case, free information) is what generates revenue these days.
Ok. There’s a point there. Free information is absolutely what generates revenue these days.
That’s why at last count, Audio Issues had 250 articles on everything related to audio production.
But I guess that’s not enough for some people.
I realize that I might have emailed and posted a little more last week, but I don’t come out with a book every week so I felt the need to celebrate.
And how did I celebrate?
By giving you free information…
Here’s the run-down on the free information I gave you last week:
- How to Set Up a Home Recording Studio That Works for You (Excerpt from Recording Strategies with tips on how to set up a simple recording setup)
- Simple Recording Tips: A Cheat Sheet for a Great Sound (Another free excerpt from Recording Strategies, this time with easy to use recording techniques for ANY instrument)
- Recording Drums that Rock (A sneak peek into the drum recording chapter of Recording Strategies, mostly about tuning since a well tuned kit is a great sounding kit)
- The Simple Secrets Behind Recording Acoustic Guitar (A quick look at the different characteristics of the acoustic guitar)
- The Ultimate Guide to Recording Vocals (Preview of the vocal recording chapter as well as a quote from one of the bonus interviews that come with the book)
- 5 Recording Mistakes That Get You Laughed Out of the Room (An EXTRA post about simple recording mistakes)
Oh, and I also gave away hundreds of dollars worth of prizes in the Recording Strategies Give-Away Extravaganza. I realize that not everyone could win, but don’t give me crap about not giving anything away.
Did I also use the opportunity to market my book?
I don’t believe those things are mutually exclusive. I can give you free stuff at the same time as I offer you my products.
That’s how I structure my product launch.
Those of you who are kind enough to purchase my products are the ones that keep this site running.
For that I thank you.
www.RecordingStrategies.com <—– Click there to check it out!
P.S. Look for another post today with some more free stuff.
Image by: Adam Foster | Codefor