Warning: Don’t Read This Unless You Are Frustrated With Recording And Mixing Your Music
Tricks of the Trade So Powerful They Are Guaranteed to Change Your Productions
If you would like to know how to record any instrument…even if you’ve never seen it before; or mix any genre of music, even if you’ve never heard it before in your life…then this message will show you tips and tricks you wouldn’t even dream of.
Audio production doesn’t need to be complicated.
Long-winded explanations are tedious and tiresome.
You’re better off with practical advice that’s easy and to the point.
Your Roadmap to Better Music
Let me tell you, I didn’t always know the answer to all these audio questions.
I used to move the mic around aimlessly because I had no idea what I was looking for. And whenever I hit record I always ended up with a terrible sound. Whether I was recording a musician or a full band I was never secure with the best way to approach the recording session.
What’s more, I had no idea how all my equipment worked. I didn’t understand my audio interface or whether I was recording loud enough. I’ll tell you, even my DAW terrified me with all those different plug-ins and processors I needed to figure out.
It gets even worse.
Even when I tried to mix I had a hard time. I thought mixing was supposed to be fun and cool but I was just intimidated. All I was doing was randomly inserting plug-ins and processors on every track, shrugging my shoulders because I couldn’t really figure out how anything worked.
No matter what I did I couldn’t make it sound better. I mean, the songs changed, but I didn’t really know where I was going with the mix. There was no balance to the instruments and the vocals sounded glued on and fake.
It just screamed “amateur.”
The reason why was simple. I had no plan of action, and no concrete steps to make my mixes sound like I wanted.
Years later, after countless hours of recording and mixing, I know what I am doing. I know exactly where to point the mic. I get the most out of my equipment, and my DAW does everything I want it to.
And what’s even more important:
Mixing became fun. Using simple EQ and compression tricks, I got punchy drums and full and balanced instruments. I started using reverb and delay to create space and depth for that professional feel. And besides that, my vocals sounded better than ever as I started to recognize and eliminate problematic frequencies.
What does that mean for you?
With simple and effective set of recording techniques and following a straightforward plan of action for every mix – everything becomes easier.
Today I want you to discover those tips, and make your sessions effortless and easy.
Introducing Recording & Mixing Strategies
Recording & Mixing Strategies is an in-depth tutorial package dedicated to every aspect of the production process.
Here's what you get:
- A no-nonsense explanation of all the equipment you need to record great audio.
- Recording tips to record ANY instrument, from rock drums to classical piano.
- Techniques for making all your instruments fit in the mix.
- How to achieved a polished and professional vocal sound.
- Getting a tight low-end and controlling a bass heavy and muddy mix.
Recording & Mixing Strategies take you through the whole production process...
...First you set up a home recording studio and learn:
- How to make the most out of your equipment, even on a tight budget.
- How to set up your home recording studio that works to your advantage.
- A secret way to get expensive recording programs ridiculously cheaply.
- Find out how you can use a small mirror to make your monitoring more accurate.
- Techniques on how to get the very best out of your room. Wipe the “home recording” sound out of your home recordings. Using just ONE of these tips will make your home studio sound that much closer to a pro studio.
Then You Learn Practical Recording Tips to Tackle ANY Instrument..
- The biggest bang for your microphone buck. Get these 9 microphones and you’ll never need to buy another mic again. Page 5 – 7
- Use this one rule to get great sounds out of average microphones. Page 28
- Use this one simple formula to control the amount of room sound in your recordings. Page 29
- 7 easy stereo technique for a wide and spacious sound. How to get phase-perfect stereo recordings every time with only one technique. Page 33
- The little known drum recording technique that produces great results, even in the worst rooms. Page 46
And That’s Not Even HALF of It…
…Mixing Strategies Teaches You a New way to Mix.
- The easiest way to simplify your mix.
- How to tackle depth and width in your mixes.
- Techniques to recognize what drives your mix.
- The 3 easy ways to make your mix sound exactly like you want.
- Techniques to carve out a space for each instrument.
Once you’ve visualized your mix, we’ll concentrate on the low-end…
- How to control a bass heavy and muddy mix.
- 35 practical tips for a punchier drum sound.
- Need a tight bass sound? Discover this simple way to place the microphone to get the exact frequency you want.
- The 3 easy steps to a thundering tom sound
- What exact compression ratio can squeeze just the right rock sound out of your drums.
- How to get a bigger mix without adding clutter and muddiness. Page 36
Then we’ll create an awesome guitar mix…
- Discover why a “dull and lifeless” guitar recording can actually make your guitars sound better. Page 16
- The subtle EQ fixes for a cleaner bass sound.
- The reason your guitars will muddy up your mix. Page 25
- Over 25 In-depth and advanced guitar mixing tricks to guarantee a greater guitar sound.
Before you get the best stereo image possible…
- Advanced panning techniques for a better stereo image
- The only step you need to get a clear stereo image. Page 7
- The one strange but effective way to make your panning more creative. Page 11
Followed by the 9-Step-Guide to a professional vocal sound.
- Editing out breaths, background noise and bleed.
- Subtle compression
- Subtractive EQ
- Processed, creative compression
- Make-Up EQ
- Reverbs and effects
- The extra mile
I know how important a great vocal sound is so you’ll also get…
- Tips to add more meat and bones thickness to scrawny singers using only EQ.
- The In-Your-Face Frequency that’ll push out the character of ANY vocalist.
- An in-depth guide to vocal EQ.
Last but not least, how to finish up your mix like the pro’s
- Production analysis of hit songs
- The 4 ways you can spice up your production
- How to recreate the master EQ of your favorite commercial record.
- How to use reference tracks to improve your mixes
- The one mixing processor that separates the amateurs from the professional. Page 41
- How to get your mix ready for mastering.
- Why NO Mp3 Should be allowed inside a mixing session(and how it might be seriously damaging your final mix).
Exclusive Interview Package
In addition to all the great info inside Recording & Mixing Strategies package, it also come with interviews with industry professionals.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
Slau Halatyn on Piano
Slau is an experienced professional engineer working in New York. He has years of experience in the recording industry and knows his way around a piano.
We discuss every aspect of piano recording, from the best microphone to use, why you shouldn't worry too much about acoustics and how to make a piano sound great!
Randy Coppinger on Vocals
Randy has 16 years of experience working at Disney, recording some of the most famous cartoon characters of all time. He has worked with some of the most talented people in entertainment.
We discuss his experience with recording voice-overs, using various microphones for different vocalists and the value of a great performance
The Strategies Bundle Plus made me understand the impact each mixing element had on the overall mix. It helped me get the required presence and balance of the various instruments in the mix by using EQ effectively. Now, the mix is much more balanced and sounds more professional when compared with commercial music.
Mixing Strategies’ is the most straight-forward book I have read on mixing. Totally devoid of unnecessary technical information and jargon, this book is full of helpful, concise information. The no-nonsense book on audio mixing
Mixing was a big mystery to me. Your thoughts and instructions on EQ and such helped me get over that curve. My music sounds more polished and professional now. The difference between someone like you and the local guy who thinks he knows it all is your spark. You really have a zest for music production that is hard to explain.
THANK YOU for your E-books. The information on mixing drums ALONE was well worth the money. I would listen to other peoples "mixes" which were typically a lot of guesswork, reapply using your principles, and come out with a far better product each time. The most recent song that I did sounds SOOO good, you can hear all the instruments clearly, there's no mud, the drums are tight and punchy, the kick is dead on, and the Toms are deep and thunderous.
Ordering is fast, SECURE and easy. Order through PayPal and you can download the tutorial package immediately. You don’t even need a PayPal account to purchase. You can order with your credit card through the PayPal website, all without creating an account.
Recording & Mixing Strategies also include eReader versions so you can read it on any device you want.
Along with both Recording & Mixing Strategies, the Strategies Bundle Plus comes with two additional reports:
- Live Sound Survial: Big Sounds out of Small Systems ($17 value) will teach you everything you need to know about running small venue live sound. Whether you’re an engineer that wants to break into the live industry or a musician that just wants to know how to make their band sound better, this eBook is stock full of information on how to achieve those goals.
- BONUS: Quick Solutions to Common Live Sound Problems slide-deck & interview with veteran live engineer Chris Huff from BehindtheMixer.com
- The difference between EQ’ing instrument on stage and in the studio.
- Which frequencies are more prone to feedback.
- An in-depth overview of the frequency spectrum and where to EQ to get the most out of your concert.
- How to deal with the most annoying killer of good live sound, that awful muddiness.
- How to make DI’d acoustic guitars sound natural.
- How to bring a dull P.A. back to life.
- How to stop the vocal from being drowned out by other instruments.
- How to mic the stage(it’s simpler than you think)
- And what to do with an echo-y venue.
- The Ultimate EQ Guide - Your Blueprint to the Frequency Spectrum is a collection of all the articles I’ve written about EQ throughout the years. It gives you an in-depth look at the complete frequency spectrum, as well as tips and tricks on how to use EQ effectively on drums, bass, guitar and vocals
- A rundown of the complete frequency spectrum, showing you the characteristics of each frequency range
- EQ insights from Grammy award winning engineers
- When to use EQ and when to use compression
- 6 warning signs that you don’t know the first thing about EQ
- Using little known harmonic secrets to EQ the bass guitar to cut through the mix without cluttering up the low-end
- 7 quick and dirty EQ fixes for your electric guitar
- How to eliminate vocal muddiness with EQ
- How to get clarity in the low-end without losing weight in your mixes
- An in-depth guide to sculpting your snare drum sound
I like training that is simple and to the point. Bjorgvin has done just that with “Recording Strategies”. It’s pretty much a field guide to solid recordings in the home or project studio. Pick it up and you won’t be disappointed.
The Recording Revolution.com
What Else Have People Said?
Great information is what this day and age are all about. Yours is delivered in an easy to digest manner that really gets the point of an idea across.
Home Studio Engineer
Bjorgvin is an expert at breaking down complicated subject matter with language and detail that readers of all skill levels will understand. Recording Strategies is no exception. It is jam-packed with useful techniques, tips, and strategies from which beginner to advanced audio professionals will surely benefit.
Founder of The Pro Audio Files
Rather than giving us a boring 400-page text book, Björgvin goes straight for the good stuff, with lots of tips and strategies you can implement right away.
Home Studio Expert at HomeStudioCorner.com
My weaker point was the technical aspects about recording so I needed very objective information about recording and mixing strategies so these books were exactly what I needed. Reading these ebooks is the best and fastest way to improve the way you produce music.
Excellent books: clear, concise and to the point. The “quick tips” approach to mixing and recording makes the books easily understandable and clear. So, thank you again for your books!
2,000 Engineers Can't Be Wrong
These testimonials are just a small sample of the over 2,000 satisfied audio engineers that enjoyed the Audio Issues tutorial materials. Join them today.
The Strategies Bundle Platinum Package
The Strategies Bundle Platinum also comes with Are You Making These Mixing Mistakes? a 10 part, self-paced eCourse and video package that solves and shows you how to overcome all the most common mistakes made during mixing.
The video solutions will show you exactly what to avoid with tricks on making your mixes sound more powerful than before.
- 10 in-depth PDF articles on the top ten mixing mistakes you need to avoid if you want better mixes.
- 10 tutorial videos showing you how to avoid those mixing mistakes, filled with tips and tricks you can use immediately in your sessions.
- 2 practical webinars with likeminded engineers such as yourself packed full of tips on making full-band mixes sound better.
- 2 detailed feedback reports to discover how you can make your electronic music sound better.
- Discover why you might make the biggest mixing mistake of all before you even start the mix!
- How to set up your mix so that you leave enough headroom and don’t overload your master fader
- 6 ways you can fix a problematic compressor
- Avoid using these preset mistakes that make you look dumb
- How to keep your drums from taking center stage and ruining your mix
- The ins and outs of simplifying your mix with groups and busses
- The one mistake I’ll never get over about sending and routing
- How to use filters to make your mixes sound cleaner
- Getting just the right amount of reverb (and why EQ is the best way to do that)
- Learn to use mono to make sure your guitar solos don’t disappear.
I’ve finished your new e-course. It’s a great series of lessons! The videos are filled with useful tips for beginners and more seasoned mixing engineers. There were quite a few tips I’d never even thought about, while it’s all about creating a nice, clean and professional sounding mix. It’s great to see how you work as well. The feedback videos turned out pretty good too. It’s helpful to see how others work so you can view a session from a different perspective.
Your book is a goldmine, I absolutely love it.
365 Day, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you have doubts whether Recording & Mixing Strategies will help you with your productions, don’t worry. I offer a full, no-risk, money back guarantee. You can even keep it for a full year before deciding.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, let me know and I will happily refund your money, no questions asked.
If you’re not happy, I’m not happy.
As Seen On
About the Author
Hi. I’m Björgvin Benediktsson. I’m an audio engineer, musician and writer. I’m an Alumni from the SAE Institute and have worked in the audio industry since 2006.
Since then, I’ve been involved with projects in the field of live sound as well as playing, recording and mixing a wide variety of music. I’ve written countless tutorials on audio production on numerous blogs and websites, as well as at my personal website, Audio Issues.
Additionally, I’ve taught classes on music production and audio engineering, teaching the technical side of recording and mixing in addition to hosting workshops on live sound.
Here’s why Recording and Mixing Strategies work. They’re easy to follow and give you results immediately. Just simple and easy to use, practical tips that you can apply to your sessions immediately.
A clear guide through the audio production process is like a treasure map. It’s easy to churn out a golden mix if you have the map that takes you there.
- Recording Strategies is filled with shortcuts to great recordings without the tedious technical explanations.
- Mixing Strategies offers simple to use tricks to make your drums, guitars, vocals and low-end sound tighter and cleaner.
- And as always, a 100% money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
- By using the tips found within Recording & Mixing Strategies you can take your productions to the next level.