Recommended Training Resources
Really Great Products for Further Learning
Understanding EQ from HomeStudioCorner is an invaluable resource for learning about the frequency spectrum.
- 4 In-Depth Training Videos.
- Over 2 Hours of Content
- Take Your EQ Skills from Frustration to Mastery.
- Your Mixes Will Sound Better
Compression is one of the MOST frustrating processors in audio. Understanding Compression teaches you everything you need to know to use compression effectively.
- 2 Hours of HD Quality Training Videos
- Real-World Practical Examples
- Faster Workflow and Better Sounding Mixes
- Money Back Guarantee
I used to be completely in the dark when it came to multiband compression. That was until I read and watched Ian Shepherd’s How to Master with Multiband Compression series. Man that opened my eyes. Now I use multiband compression for a lot of stuff. Not only for mastering, like he teaches you in the video, but for parallel compression on drums as well as other bus compression techniques.
- What is multiband compression, how it works – and why you would want to use it.
- Simple & Advanced Tips - How many frequency bands to use, how to choose crossover frequencies and what ratio, attack and release times to use
- Suggestions on how to solve common multiband compression problems
- Ebook + Video – Combines simple to reference text with easy to follow video explanations.
Acoustics & Home Recording
Chances are, your room is lying to you and your mixes. Understanding Your Room is a 3-part webinar series that teaches you the ins and outs of acoustic treatment.
- Acoustic Treatment Explained
- Real, Practical Reasons of WHY You Need It
- How to Use it to Your Advantage
Home Recording Tactics
For diverse, in-depth perspectives on different home recording techniques, check out Home Recording Tactics. It’s a collection of great home recording advice from 9 different engineers.
- 9 Different Aspects of Home Recording
- 5 Hours of Amazing Advice
- Topics ranging from budget recording, live sound recording to microphones, mastering and arrangement.