If you’ve been looking for a great EQ guide to fix those nasty frequencies in your mixes, look no further.
Using EQ is the first step to making your instruments play well together. Knowing how to EQ can help you make room for all the instruments in the mix. It helps you avoid clashing instruments and gives you complete control over the frequency spectrum.
In the following EQ guide I’ll give you a run-down of the frequency spectrum. By recognizing what certain frequencies sound like, you’ll become faster and more effective at EQ’ing your mixes.
11 Invaluable Articles About EQ
Before we dive into the frequency spectrum, here are some additional articles to read. When I said ‘Ultimate EQ Guide’ I wasn’t kidding. This is literally everything I know about EQ.
- The 3 Simple Principle of Great EQ’ing
- A Simple and Effective Guide to Drum EQ
- How to EQ Bass Using These Little Known Harmonic Secrets
- Your Ultimate Guide to Acoustic Guitar EQ
- 7 Quick and Dirty EQ Fixes for the Guitar
- How to Eliminate Vocal Muddiness From Your Mixes
- The Three Inglorious Gangsters of EQ
- How to EQ Like the Grammy Winning Engineers at AES
- When to EQ and When to Compress, That’s the Question Isn’t It?
- 6 Warning Signs That You Don’t Know the First Thing About EQ
- All the EQ Information You’ll Ever Need in One Handy Chart