20 Steps to Becoming a Better Audio Engineer
Here are ten crucial things to keep in mind if you’re interested in improving your audio engineering skills.
- Learn about the gear you need.
- Know how to use microphones.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid digital recording mistakes.
- Learn to understand the frequency spectrum.
- Learn to record vocals.
- Know how to get a great guitar sound.
- Create a massive acoustic guitar sound.
- Get a great drum sound.
- Learn how to find the ‘sweet spot’
- Know when to edit.
- Learn how to plan a mix.
- Learn to use compression.
- Learn how to use reverb.
- Know how to mix drums.
- Learn how to mix the kick drum and the bass together.
- Learn to process vocals with effects.
- Protect your ears. They are your most valuable asset.
- Always strive to improve your mixes.
- Learn to use the multiband compressor in mastering.
- Learn how to EQ like the pro’s.
Image by: dearsomeone