40 Minutes of Exclusive Information About Home Mastering!
What is mastering?
Is it putting every processor on your mixed song and hoping for the best?
Is it making it as loud as possible and hoping it song?
(No, it isn’t. Sorry Lars Ulrich…)
Well, if that’s not what mastering is, what is it really?
And more importantly, how can you learn how to do it yourself.
Ian Shepherd has been mastering for over 16 years now and he knows the answer to all these questions.
So I interviewed him.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- The importance of knowing the “how” and “why” of home mastering.
- The importance of metering.
- The unimportance of specific DAWs.
- Why “balance” is more important than “matching.”
- Normalization and the value of headroom during mixing.
- What to expect in the next weeks of the Home Mastering Masterclass.
Click the link above to download the mp3 of our interview.
If that doesn’t work, right-click the link and save the file to your computer.