Your Ultimate Resource to Home Mastering
Every once in a while I get asked why I don’t talk about mastering.
I do a little bit, but I tend to focus more on mixing.
The reason is, there’s somebody else who is just so much better at it than me. So I usually let him do the talking.
Next week Ian Shepherd opens up his Home Mastering Masterclass again so I wanted to take the time to show you some great resources on mastering that I’ve done in the past.
Exclusive Home Mastering Interviews
First off, let’s hear what Ian Shepherd has to tell you about home mastering in my two part interview right here:
We discuss a lot of different things in this interview series, such as:
- How to Test Your Mixes Efficiently on Different Systems.
- High Qs in Mastering.
- Removing muddiness from your master.
- The Reason to EQ Before Compression in Mastering
- The importance of metering.
- The unimportance of specific DAWs.
- Normalization and the value of headroom during mixing.
Then we have a few great articles about mastering around the site I’d like to point out to you.
- The Most Difficult Thing About Mastering is…
- Why I’d Rather Be the Boy Wonder Than the Dark Knight
Also, now and until next week Ian is offering an introductory discount before the course starts up again.
He’s also offering a special enhanced bundle that includes his Mastering with Multiband Compression video+eBook bundle if you’re interested in really tackling the home mastering thing.
Have a great weekend!