Mix Your Music and Release Your Records
We help musicians transform their recordings into radio-ready and release-worthy records they're proud to release.
If you'd like to:
- Master your audio skills so that you can record high-quality audio from your home studio...
- Mix and master polished, release-worthy music that you're excited to share with your friends, family, and fans...
- Build a portfolio of work so that you can get more gigs and earn an income, whether you're a musician looking for session work or an audio engineer looking for clients...
Audio Issues is the place for you.
My step by step mixing process has helped thousands of musicians confidently mix their music from their home studios. If you'd like to join them, check out the best-selling book, Step By Step Mixing: How To Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins and my other products and services right here.
- Positivity - We reject the negativity and gear-shaming of the curmudgeons in the industry who try to drag people down instead of building them up. We believe you can make music from your home studios and we strive to give you the confidence you need to proudly release and promote your recordings, whether you're a home studio musician producing your own music or a professional engineer working with clients.
- Practicality - We strive to create music production training that is straight to the point so that you can use it right away to make improvements in your music. We simplify complex subjects so that you can see real progress without feeling like you're taking a boring university course, and we also strive to keep the price of our training affordable so that it's practical for you to find education within your budget.
- Playfulness - We don't take ourselves too seriously and you shouldn't either. Life is too short and everybody should enjoy it with a self-deprecating smile on their face. We try to make our tutorials, trainings and content humorous and fun so that you feel entertained and informed at the same time. Music production is the marriage of the heart and the brain, and like every odd couple, hilarity and heartbreak often ensue.
Basically, if you think this video is funny, you'll fit right in.
Hi, I'm Björgvin Benediktsson. I'm the author of Step By Step Mixing, the creator of the Audio Issues EQ plug-in, the founder of Audio Issues, and a venture advisor for the McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona.
I'm an audio engineer on a mission to help musicians overcome their imposter syndrome and create great-sounding music so that they can release work they can be proud of.
In my career, I've worked as a live sound engineer, a broadcast recording engineer, a professional touring musician, a freelance mixing and mastering engineer, and an audio educator.
If you want to make your music jump out of the speakers, my goal is to help you do that. My dream is for you to email me out of the blue one day and tell me you won an award for your music because I helped you make it sound successful.
My training is designed to be simple and practical so you can make progress right away, without needing to buy thousands of dollars worth of fancy gear. Don't get me wrong - you will need good equipment, but you can still make great music from your home studio on a budget.
Thousands of home studio producers like yourself have learned from my training and my work has been featured in publications such as MusicTech magazine, Audiotuts+, The Pro Audio Files, and Recording Revolution to name a few.
Press and Interviews
Matt Boudreau Working Class Audio Interviewed me about Audio Issues and my work as a marketing mentor.
Alex Joyal at Meta Mind Music interviewed me about building a music career.
Mike Indovina at Master Your Mix interviewed me about creating a balancing music career.
The Six Figure Home Studio Podcast interviewed me about the single most important marketing strategy to succeed with your home studio business:
Michael Elsner interviewed me on his Real Artists Don't Starve podcast where we talked about succeeding as an artist and creative.
Kevin Ward at Mix Coach interviewed me about the step by step mixing process using only 5 plug-ins.
The Electronic Dance Money podcast interviewed me about my book, You Get What You Give.
Audio Skills Podcast interviewed me about mixing drums. Take a listen below:
The Envato podcast interviewed me about my eBook, How to Record Great Music…With Whatever Equipment You Got!
What Do Other Engineers and Musicians Say About Their Audio Issues Experience?
I definitely enjoy getting my daily thought-provoker in terms of mixing, new ideas and fresh inspiration. You writing and sharing for free is a tremendous effort for the community.
I just wanted to take the time and say how much I appreciate you doing these posts for the small guys like myself, who have a great vision in becoming successful one day in music. With your advice my projects are greatly increasing in quality.
Man, your writing is so direct and simply stated. It hits home hard with me every single time; the advice is so spot on. Thanks for writing and inspiring/helping others to be creative, too!
So glad I’m on your mailing list. I hand off most of my music for mixing and mastering because I can’t be good at everything, but the more emails I read, the more I think about doing it all myself. Thanks and keep on keeping on!