Welcome to Audio Issues!
On this page, you’ll find some really great resources from around the web that will help you improve your music production skills.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links that give me a commission at no additional cost to you. If you’d like to support Audio Issues please consider using the links below.
Music Production Resources
Here you’ll find some valuable resources to help you improve your mixing and mastering knowledge, in addition to understanding how to get clients to increase your income as an engineer or producer.
- Get 110 FREE Mixing Tips from the Quick Mixing Checklist
- Read Step By Step Mixing: How To Create Great Mixes Using Only 5 Plug-ins
- Enroll in the Mix Finisher Formula Flagship Mixing Program
Software Resources and Plug-ins
Here are some of the software I use regularly in my studio that I recommend.
- I use the Audio Issues EQ (pictured above) to create separation between my tracks and balance in my mixes
- Filepass – Filesharing Build for the Audio Industry – Eliminate “Revision Hell” and share your mixes easily with high-quality streaming audio
- Dynameter from Meterplugs is invaluable to making sure your mixes aren’t squashed and overcompressed
- Use Sonarworks Reference to get a flat frequency response from your monitors
Website and Online Presence Building
I’ve used all of the tools below for online platform building and I recommend them all.
- Easy Funnels – A website builder for recording studios
- Kajabi – One of the most powerful all-in-one solutions for building your online platform – Use this link to take the free 28-day challenge to build your online presence
- Sendowl – Great for digital product downloads if you’re selling PDFS, sample packs, or plug-ins
Equipment I Can’t Live Without in My Studio
Here is a quick glimpse into what I’m using in the studio at the moment.
- Apple iMac
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Interface
- The PreSonus Monitor Station
- Focal CMS 50s studio monitors with a sub
- Behringer Behritone mix cube (discontinued, but the Avantones are a great alternative)
- Aston Microphones (I have the Spirit and the Origin and they are both great)
- Blue Microphones
- Shure Microphones
- Audix Microphones
- Auralex acoustics and DIY panels
- IsoAcoustics monitor stands
- Sony MDR 7506 Professional headphones
- Sony ZV-E10 DSLR camera for content creation