Welcome to Audio Issues!
On this page you’ll find some really great resources from around the web that will help you improve your music production skills. Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links that give me a commission at no additional cost to you. If you’d like to support Audio Issues please consider using the links below.
Music Production Resources
Here you’ll find some valuable resources to help you improve your mixing and mastering knowledge, in addition to understanding how to get clients to increase your income as an engineer or producer.
- The 7 Step Mix Translation Cheatsheet
- Mastering Headstart eCourse on Mastering With Plug-ins
- Free Profitable Producer Workshop from Six Figure Home Studio
- Song Chasers Hit Song Formula Workshop
Software Resources and Plug-ins
Here are some of the software I use regularly in my studio that I recommend.
- Filepass – Filesharing Build for the Audio Industry – Eliminate “Revision Hell” and share your mixes easily with high-quality streaming audio
- Dynameter from Meterplugs is invaluable to making sure your mixes aren’t squashed and overcompressed
- I use a lot of affordable plug-ins from Waves
- Sonarworks Reference 4 for getting a flat frequency response from your monitors
- Izotope Ozone 9
- Fabfilter Pro-Q3, Saturn, Pro-MB, Pro-G and Pro-DS
Website and Online Presence Building
I’ve used all of the tools below for online platform building and I recommend them all.
- Kajabi – One of the most powerful all-in-one solutions for building your online platform – Use this link to take the free 28-day challenge to build your online presence
- Bluehost Hosting is great for buying domains and an affordable solution for setting up a simple WordPress website
- Sendowl – Great for digital product downloads if you’re selling PDFS, sample packs, or plug-ins
Equipment I Can’t Live Without in My Studio
Here is a quick glimpse into what I’m using in the studio at the moment. I do very little recording anymore and focus predominantly on mixing and audio education.
- Apple iMac
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin Interface
- The PreSonus Monitor Station
- Focal CMS 50s studio monitors with a sub
- Yamaha HS5 studio monitors
- Behringer Behritone mix cube (discontinued, but the Avantones are a great alternative)
- Aston Microphones (I have the Spirit and the Origin and they are both great)
- Blue Microphones
- Shure Microphones
- Audix Microphones
- Auralex acoustics and DIY panels
- IsoAcoustics monitor stands
- Sony MDR 7506 Professional headphones
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam c920