Interview With Matt Ross-Spang, Engineer at the Legendary Sun Studio
I’ve got a really cool thing for you today.
I had a chance to interview Matt Ross-Spang, studio engineer over at Sun Studio, arguably the most famous recording studio in the world.
In case you didn’t know, Sun Studio is where Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, B.B. King and so many other legendary musicians recorded some of their first records.
It’s literally the birthplace of rock ´n´roll.
Matt has been an engineer over at Sun Studio for over 10 years now and brought back a lot of the old-school recording techniques that Sam Phillips pioneered back in the 1950’s.
In the interview discuss things such as:
- The way things are recorded at Sun Studio
- The importance of mic techniques
- How to ease musicians into a recording session
- Why you’ll have to wait a while to watch Matt EQ’ing anything
- How to instill confidence in your musicians
And a whole lotta other things. I had a a lot of fun talking to Matt and I hope you guys enjoy the interview.
Listen below and do me a favor and help spread the word by sharing it on Facebook or Twitter.