Faster mixes with a more efficient workflow
Blondino (bad-ass name!) writes in with a review on Step By Step Mixing:
“Having bought a number of mixing guides by now, each maybe catering to slightly different levels, what I like about this one is that it really makes sure all the bases are covered and clearly explained. Björgvin has a very user-friendly writing style and the book is set out in a very simple and logical manner (it’s a step-by-step guide after all), so it’s easy enough to read from cover-to-cover without getting lost or bored, but equally easy to dip in and out of and get straight to the info you need as and when. Whilst I would recommend this to anyone starting out, it also provides a comprehensive synthesis of all the essential techniques and concepts that would be useful to anyone who has acquired their mixing knowledge in a piecemeal fashion (like me!).”
Whether you’re a novice or a veteran, Step By Step Mixing will help you make better mixes, simple as that.
Tomorrow is the last day to get my free eBook, Better Mixes in Less Time, with your purchase of Step By Step Mixing on Amazon.
Better Mixes in Less Time: The Productivity Playbook for Mixing Engineers teaches you how to create an efficient workflow that makes you a faster mixing engineer.
Inside you’ll learn:
- How to think like a productive and efficient mixing engineer to save time and money
- How to make time for mixing music when you have a busy schedule
- The power of deliberate and deep practice, even if you only have 25 minutes to spare
- How to find pockets of time to improve your mixing skills
- Important productivity tools and methods to stay on task and finish faster
- How to use a mixing template to speed up the mixing process and eliminate distractions from too many plug-ins
- The exact mixing template I use, and the workflow I use to make faster mixing decisions because I don’t have to search around my DAW any more
- How to prepare for a mixing session and know exactly what to do when you start the mixing process
- An easy mindset for knowing how to EQ, compress and use effects
- My 9-step process for taking a mix from a rough recording to a finished song
- A special, step-by-step plan on how to schedule your time so you’re always creating new mixes (even if you don’t have any songs)
- See exactly how to group and buss your instruments for a faster workflow
- Learn what processors you should put on your master bus and your groups to get your rough mixes sounding good immediately
- What effects busses you should create in your mixing template so you can easily create punch through parallel compression, width through stereo widening and depth with reverb and delay
- How to create your own presets for your compressors so that all you need to do is to tweak the threshold to add tightness to your tracks
- How to use the right plug-ins to speed up your mix workflow and to avoid wasting time constantly browsing your plug-in folder
If you’re currently taking forever to finish each mix, then the workflow inside Better Mixes in Less Time will help you save hours of unnecessary mix work so you can crank out quality mixes in no time.
All you gotta do is grab a copy of the paperback or Kindle edition here, and then send me your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free access to Better Mixes in Less Time, as well as all the free Step By Step Mixing resources.
If you already have the Kindle version, consider buying the paperback for easy reference while you’re mixing.
Or if you’ve already bought both versions, please consider leaving a review right here. I’m trying to break 100 reviews this week and your help is much appreciated.