Here’s My Perfect Solution for Taming Your Low-end
If you need techniques to tighten up your low-end to make it powerful without making everything boomy, this week’s video is for you.
Before we get into the training, I wanted to thank everyone who joined our giveaway with JZ Mics this week.
The winner has been selected and JZ Mics will be contacting them soon to send them their free mic.
If you didn’t win but want your own copy of any of their beautifully handcrafted microphones, their entire mic collection is 50% off for Black Friday, and because you are an Audio Issues subscriber you can also get Free Shipping when you use the code AUDIOISSUES.
In today’s Step By Step Mixing hip-hop series, we’ll be covering balancing the kick drum with the 808.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Creating separation between the 808 and kick with EQ
- How to find the dominant frequencies of each low-end instrument
- Where exactly to filter the low end to tighten up the mix and how to use multi-band compression to tame boominess
- How to use artificial low-end enhancers to add more power to your low end
- Why you should check your low-end for translation at the beginning of the mix
I hope you found this useful. Make sure you subscribe to the Youtube channel so you don’t miss the next video in the series.