Your Questions About EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delay, and Saturation…Answered!
A couple weeks ago I asked you to submit questions for my upcoming podcast episode with Lij Shaw at Recording Studio Rockstars.
The episode came out today so click here to take a listen.
We tackle subjects such as:
- How to deal with sibilant vocals. How to handle crazy S’s
- How to fix muddy EQ, and set your compression to keep your kick drum clear and punchy.
- How to set your reverb and balance against a “dry” vocal sound.
- Raising and lowering the EQ to affect the track in a positive way.
- How to set your bus compression for different genres of music.
- How to set the lows in your mix to play back great on a big system, even when you only have small speakers in your own mix studio.
- How to use EQ to its full potential
- More great tips on EQ, and tricks for getting an awesome kick drum in your mix.
- How to use parallel compression to create a killer vocal mix.
- How to use saturation to bring out your bass in the mix without creating too much low end.
- Adding longer reverbs and delays to a vocal mix.
- Using short delays for snare and guitars.
And if the podcast episode isn’t enough to satisfy your curiosity, please check out my new eBook, Step By Step Mixing or the video course on the same subject, Mixing With 5 Plug-ins, right here.
Cheers and have a great weekend!
I’ve added a weekly payment plan for the Mixing With 5 Plug-ins course to make it easier for you to take advantage of the advice you’ll find inside the course. I hope that helps!