Myth #3 – You Can Just Fix It in the Mix
Now, there is some special kind of wizardry these days when it comes to the power of plug-ins when you’re mixing.
But unfortunately, there are no fancy mixing tricks that can save a poorly performed recording.
What you record in the room has to have heart and soul. There is no plug-in for a powerful performance.
You can try to save the sound as much as you can (and you can certainly improve things), but there is no “Emotion-Exciter” in your plug-in library.
There is no substitute for that.
When you’re recording an artist, making sure they’re comfortable is key.
Some artists can’t feel comfortable in the studio because the pressure is so different than what they’re used to. When musicians perform live, it’s a different type of pressure.
It’s an exchange of energy between the audience and the performer.
But when you’re recording, there’s no energy to feed off of. There’s just anxiety about getting the best take.
For instance, a singer/songwriter who sings and plays acoustic guitar at the same time feels more comfortable recording that way. They’re used to strumming their acoustic and singing. It’s a balance they’ve gotten used to from performing live.
But you, as the engineer, might want as much separation as possible between the instruments. You want them tracked separately to reduce bleed because it makes it easier to mix.
However, when you take the guitar away from the singer/songwriter, they’re off-balance. They’re missing a crucial ingredient that makes them perform to the best of their abilities.
So what to do then?
Never fear, Björgvin is here with the third and final video in my singer/songwriter video series that helps you get better recordings from your home studio!
I hope this video series has given you the confidence you need to believe you can in fact get great recordings in your home studio.
So far we’ve busted these three myths:
- Myth #1 – You Need High-End Gear: Wrong. Good equipment is so affordable today that you can make great recordings with even the cheapest of gear…as long as you have the recording skills to pull it off.
- Myth #2 – You Need a Professionally Treated Commercial Studio: Wrong again. A nicely treated room is nice, but you can still make great recordings in your bedroom as long as you know what you’re doing.
- Myth #3 – You Can Just Fix It in the Mix: You can polish a turd until it turns to gold, but it’ll still stink like shit underneath.
This video series has only skimmed the surface of what you need to know when it comes to getting great recordings in your home studio.
If you’re interested in improving your recording skills even further, I’m pumped to tell you about something I KNOW will get your recordings sounding better than they ever have.
Get Total Home Recording and Get the Mixing With 5 Plug-ins Video Course for FREE
This Week Only – Learn to record AND mix with this exclusive Audio Issues and Recording Revolution partner bundle.
I’m excited to partner up with my buddy Graham from the Recording Revolution to give you this exclusive bundle deal on both Total Home Recording as well as Mixing With 5 Plug-ins.
This offer is NOT for everyone. I’m only making it available to those who’ve proved that they’re committed to taking action and improving their productions like yourself.
With this bundle, you’re covering the two most crucial aspects of making great-sounding music – mastering both the recording AND the mixing process!
Here’s What You Get From Total Home Recording:
- All 24 action-packed course videos shot in beautiful 1080p HD covering Graham’s fool-proof step by step method for optimizing your current home studio gear and recording tracks that virtually mix themselves. Modules include drums, bass, electric and acoustic guitars, and vocals. ($500 Value)
- The actual final multi-tracks Graham recorded in the videos for you to pull into your DAW and mix for practice and further tweaking ($30 Value)
- The Total Home Recording Cheat Sheet featuring Graham’s simple 6 step workflow for recording killer tracks every time ($30 Value)
- The Home Studio Hacks eBook which reveals Graham’s favorite 5 proven zero-cost strategies for getting tighter and more professional recordings in a home or bedroom studio ($40 Value)
Here’s What You Get from Mixing With 5 Plug-ins
- 4+ Hours of in-depth training on how to use volume and panning, EQ, compression, reverb, delay and saturation to get professional mixes you can be proud of ($99 Value)
- Mix translation techniques to help you make your mixes sound great on every speaker system ($49 Value)
- Parallel Processing Masterclass that helps you add that 10% extra to your mixes to make them sound pro ($19 Value)
If we were to add all of these things up and sell them separately, they would cost over $700 dollars.
And normally they’re never offered together like this.
However, this week only, you can get this exclusive partner bundle starting at only $98.5!
Click the button below, use the coupon code ‘audioissues’ when you check out to get 50% off Total Home Recording.
Then simply forward your receipt to email@example.com to get your free access to Mixing With 5 Plug-ins.