If you want to learn more about mixing drums, I’ve got a treat for you today.
Scott Hawksworth of the Audio Skills Podcast interviewed me recently while I was promoting the Drum Mix Toolkit. In this episode, we discuss a bunch of tips and tricks on how to mix drums in the home studio.
Here are a few things we cover:
- The basics of recording your drums to minimize correcting in post-production.
- How important polarity alignment is when recording drums.
- The most common mistakes made when mixing drums.
- Tips for EQing your snare sounds and using multi-band compression.
- How to keep from over-compressing your drums and organizing your mix.
If you’re tired of your shitty home recorded drums and can’t get them sounding right in the mix,