If you want to learn more about mixing drums, I’ve got a treat for you today.
Scott Hawksworth of the Audio Skills Podcast interviewed me recently while I was promoting the Drum Mix Toolkit. In this episode, we discuss a bunch of tips and tricks on how to mix drums in the home studio.
Here are a few things we cover:
- The basics of recording your drums to minimize correcting in post-production.
- How important polarity alignment is when recording drums.
- The most common mistakes made when mixing drums.
- Tips for EQing your snare sounds and using multi-band compression.
- How to keep from over-compressing your drums and organizing your mix.
If you’re tired of your shitty home recorded drums and can’t get them sounding right in the mix, grab the Drum Mix Toolkit here and make them sound punchy and powerful.