As promised, Ian and I answered some of your questions about EQ this week.
In the following interview we talk about:
- The difference between EQ’ing during mixing and mastering.
- Using corrective EQ on the mix bus when your individual EQ’s fail.
- What to do when you can only use a broad Q.
- When to use “colored” analog EQ and when to use “clean” digital EQ.
- Using linear-phase EQ, and why it’s weird for mixing.
- Why we like big boosts and we cannot lie…
(You can right-click and select save-as to download and listen to it on-the-go)
Enhancing a Live Recording With Reverb
We got into talking about reverb as well in the interview. Ian almost never uses reverb during mastering but I’ve found a good use for reverb when I’m “mastering” live recordings that I get straight out of the mixing board.
So to explain what I was talking about I made this short video. Please go to Youtube and Like and Share so that others may see it as well.
The introductory 30% discount for the Home Mastering EQ videos ends tonight. For everyone who buys the videos through my affiliate link: www.audioissues.com/hmeq will get a free copy of my Ultimate EQ Guide.
Simply send me your PayPal receipt to bjorgvin at audio-issues.com and I’ll forward you the free EQ guide.