If you’ve ever been intimidated by mastering in your home studio, you’re not alone.
It’s one of those things you sort of understand but you’re still scared that you might be screwing stuff up.
Luckily, this is a topic that’s popular every so often here at Audio Issues so I’ve got quite few articles for you to read.
You don’t need to read them in any particular order, but the last two articles are interviews with Ian Shepherd of Production Advice. I highly recommend you check them out as he shares some valuable information about mastering in the home studio.
- What is Mastering?
- 5 Easy to Use Tips for Mastering at Home
- How to Master Any Genre You Want
- Two World Class Methods of Mastering an Amazing Album
- The Jedi Master and His Insanely Useful Mastering Course
- 40 Minutes of Exclusive Info from a World Class Mastering Engineer
Win a Free Seat in the Home Mastering Masterclass
I’m talking about mastering today because Ian Shepherd just opened up his Home Mastering Masterclass again.
In fact, you can win a free seat by competing in this super simple contest he’s set up.
For those of you who don’t know what the Home Mastering Masterclass is, here are the details:
- 8 week course. Each week Ian shows you how to master a different genre with different techniques.
- You can ask him your specific questions during his Q&A period.
- Access to a private Facebook group to discuss mastering further with your fellow students.
- Regular assignments to hone your skills to master your own music, using any of the tools you have at your disposal. No need for a specific DAW or plug-in. Universal techniques that teach you how to master. It’s that simple.
If that’s something you’re interested in, you can check out the class right here: